Japanese Fried Rice
You can use different ingredients for this recipe,
just like any other fried rice, it's great to make when
you have leftovers!
- 1 cup frozen green peas (thawed)
- 3 cups cooked Japanese rice
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (canola, grapeseed)
- 1 tbsp tonkatsu sauce (vegetable and fruit sauce. I use Bull-Dog)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
In a pan over medium heat, add oil, garlic and cook for a minute. Add chopped carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Add rice and peas and mix well. Add soy sauce, tonkatsu sauce, black pepper and salt, and mix well. Push the rice to one side and break the eggs on the clear side. Slowly scramble the eggs and incorporate with the rice. Serve!